1. Terry Tilly reported that the surveying in preparation for the sewer plant upgrade has been completed. Preliminary design drawings should be submitted by our engineers within the next few months.
2. The council discussed the preliminary design drawings for our new SVFD (Food Lion) building. It was decided that a portion of the building should be designated as a rental space and rented out in order to help pay for the building and fire department equipment in the future.
We hope to see some updated design drawings for the renovation of the building that includes the needed garage doors and fire department necessities so that we can bid the fire department project soon.
3. The renovation of the caboose on the rail trail should begin later this spring.
4. The Vice Mayor will be nominated and voted on by the Council members during the January Town Council Meeting. The position of Vice Mayor is elected every two years.
5. Finally, Council voted to pay the bills and adjourn.